When it comes to the wisdom of asset-allocation in dynamic markets, most investors tend to follow the herd. They sell when everyone is selling and buy when everyone is buying. This unplanned and random investment usually results in poor returns, or worse, losses. The asset allocation strategy, however, helps in maintaining discipline and keeps sentiment at bay when it comes to investing decisions. It helps the investor avoid buying in over-heated markets and selling when the sentiment is poor. For retail investors, the easiest way to use asset allocation mechanism is through dynamically managed equity asset allocation funds.
Birla Sun Life Balanced Advantage Fund runs a well tested P/E based model that drives the 'Net Equity Exposure'. This determines the level of aggression that the fund carries in any market situation. While being invested in long equity at all times, it uses derivatives to reduce the 'net' exposure to equities, allowing fundamental research driven approach to selection of stocks that continue adding alpha over a longer period of time.
The fund is declaring its maiden monthly dividend, an amount of Rs 0.16/unit (approx annualized dividend yield of 9%) under the regular plan, and an amount of Rs 0.17/unit (approx annualized dividend yield of 9%) under the direct plan, record date being 25th January 2017.
· The key positive about this fund is its ability to reduce risks even while being classified as an equity fund for tax purposes. That means you have zero capital gains tax in the fund if held for more than a year, while assuming risks that are a few notches higher than regular debt-oriented funds.
· True to its label of providing downside protection the fund fell only 1.42% during the Demonetization period compared to the Sensex which fell by 3.5%, where as it gave an upside participation of 16% in CY 2016
· Birla Sun Life Balanced Advantage Fund has outperformed the category across time periods:
Top 4 Tax Saver Mutual Funds for 2017 - 2018
Best 4 ELSS Mutual Funds to invest in India for 2017
1. DSP BlackRock Tax Saver Fund
2. Invesco India Tax Plan
3. Tata India Tax Savings Fund
4. BNP Paribas Long Term Equity Fund
Invest in Best Performing 2017 Tax Saver Mutual Funds Online
For further information contact SaveTaxGetRich on 94 8300 8300
Leave your comment with mail ID and we will answer them
You can write to us at
Invest [at] SaveTaxGetRich [dot] Com
Call us on 94 8300 8300