The ever increasing medical costs make it necessary to have health insurance. Investing in health insurance is an option but a necessity. If you are not buying health cover to save money, then think again. A minimal amount invested in health insurance today can save you big bucks in the future. Here are some reasons why you should invest in health insurance:
1. Preventive Care: Prevention is better than cure. The benefits of a health insurance are not limited to an emergency. It also provides preventive benefits such as annual health checkups, medical tests, and counseling. They ensure that you track your health regularly and take requisite control measures on-time.
2. Insufficient Group Insurance: Does your employer provide group insurance as a part of your package? If yes, you may think an individual coverage is unnecessary. However, a group insurance will not let you design an insurance that matches your needs. You can customize your personal health insurance according to your own health concerns. The coverage offered in a group insurance is not enough for this need. Complement the group cover with an individual insurance policy.
3. Lifestyle Disorders: Each one of us is exposed to lifestyle-related health disorders. In this case, age is just a number. Illnesses do not always occur according to your age. The health of your body should be taken into consideration. Heart problems, lung disorders, and cancer are common among the younger generation too. When you can invest to increase wealth; why not invest in your health?
4. Health Emergencies: One of the major benefits of investing in a good health insurance is being ready for emergencies. A crisis can occur at anytime, at any place. Rather than digging into your emergency fund, you can use your health insurance. The cashless benefit allows you hospitalization in any of the included hospitals. You will have to pay no cash since the bill will be footed by the insurance company.It may not sound like much, but in the case of an accident or a sudden stroke, you will realize what a boon this facility is!
5. Earlier the Better: The sooner you invest in a health insurance, the better it is for you. On buying insurance at a young and healthy age, you will get cost benefits. You can buy a comprehensive policy at a lower premium. The premium will increase as you grow older and have health issues.
Like other investments, investing in health insurance also offers tax benefits too. Your insurance premium is eligible for deduction under section 80D of Income Tax Act.
Top 4 Tax Saver Mutual Funds for 2017
Best 4 ELSS Mutual Funds to invest in India for 2017
1. DSP BlackRock Tax Saver Fund
2. Invesco India Tax Plan
3. Tata India Tax Savings Fund
4. BNP Paribas Long Term Equity Fund
Invest in Best Performing 2017 Tax Saver Mutual Funds Online
For further information contact Prajna Capital on 94 8300 8300
Leave your comment with mail ID and we will answer them
You can write to us at
PrajnaCapital [at] Gmail [dot] Com
Call us on 94 8300 8300