IT returns e-filing is now easy. Login to https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.jsp to file your returns.
e-Filing Process – At a glance
- Select appropriate type of Return Form
- Download Return Preparation Software for selected Return Form.
- Fill your return offline and generate a XML file.
- Register and create a user id/password
- Login and click on relevant form on left panel and select "Submit Return"
- Browse to select XML file and click on "Upload" button
- On successful upload acknowledgment details would be displayed. Click on "Print" to generate printout of acknowledgment/ITR-V Form.
- In case the return is digitally signed, on generation of "Acknowledgment" the Return Filing process gets completed. You may take a printout of the Acknowledgment for your record.
- In case the return is not digitally signed, on successful uploading of e-Return, the ITR-V Form would be generated which needs to be printed by the tax payers. This is an acknowledgment cum verification form. The tax payer has to fill-up the verification part and verify the same. A duly verified ITR-V form should be submitted with the local Income Tax Office withing 15 days of filing electronically. This completes the Return filing process for non-digitally signed Returns.
- For any assistance in filing the paper copy of the return please contact the Public Relations Officer of the local Income Tax Office