Leave a missed Call on
94 8300 8300
RGESS - Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme
Who can invest in RGESS?
New retail investors with an annual gross income of less than
How much can I invest?
The maximum amount eligible for claiming benefit under RGESS is Rs. 50,000.
Deduction under Section 80CCG of the Income-Tax Act, 1961, is available on 50% of the amount invested. The benefit is in addition to deduction available u/s Sec 80C.
3 years. Fixed lock-in during first year followed by a flexible lock-in for subsequent two years.
AIM: To encourage the savings of the small investors in domestic capital market.
Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme (RGESS) announced in Union Budget 2012-13 is a new equity tax advantage savings scheme for equity investors in India. The scheme got it's approval on September 21, 2012. It is exclusively for the first time retail investors in securities market.
The investors who invest up to Rs.50,000 in 'Eligible Securities' and have gross total annual income less than or equal to
Rs.10 Rs.12 Lakhs will benefit from a new section 80CCG under the Income Tax Act, 1961 on 'Deduction in respect of investment under an equity savings scheme' has been introduced to give tax benefits.
Let us say, you invest Rs.50,000 under RGESS, the amount eligible for tax deduction from your income will be Rs.25,000. Alternatively, if you invest Rs.40,000 under RGESS, the amount eligible for tax deduction will be Rs.20,000. So you may save about Rs.2,575, Rs.5,150 for income tax slabs 10% and 20% respectively under this scheme.
Effective 1 April 2014, investors with a gross total income of up to Rs.12 lakh can invest in RGESS, up from an earlier income limit of Rs.10 lakh. Investors can park funds in MFs and listed shares and extended tax benefits to three successive years.
For further information contact Prajna Capital on 94 8300 8300 by leaving a missed call
Leave a missed Call on 94 8300 8300
Leave your comment with mail ID and we will answer them
You can write back to us at
PrajnaCapital [at] Gmail [dot] Com
Invest Mutual Funds Online
Download Mutual Fund Application Forms from all AMCs
Best Performing Mutual Funds
- Largecap Funds Invest Online
- DSP BlackRock Top 100 Fund
- ICICI Prudential Focused Blue Chip Fund
- Franklin India Bluechip
- ICICI Prudential Top 100 Fund
B. Large and Midcap Funds Invest Online
- ICICI Prudential Dynamic Plan
- HDFC Top 200 Fund
- UTI Dividend Yield Fund
- Birla Sun Life Front Line Equity Fund
- Franklin India Prima
C. Mid and SmallCap Funds Invest Online
- Reliance Equity Opportunities Fund
- DSP BlackRock Small & Midcap Fund
- Sundaram Select Midcap
- IDFC Premier Equity Fund
- Birla Sun Life Dividend Yield Plus
- SBI Emerging Businesses Fund
- HDFC Mid-Cap Opportunities Fund
- ICICI Prudential Discovery Fund
D. Small and MicroCap Funds Invest Online
- DSP BlackRock MicroCap Fund
2. Franklin India Smaller Companies
E. Sector Funds Invest Online
- Reliance Banking Fund
- Reliance Banking Fund
- ICICI Prudential Banking and Financial Services Fund
F. Tax Saver Mutual Funds Invest Online
1. ICICI Prudential Tax Plan
2. HDFC Taxsaver
- DSP BlackRock Tax Saver Fund
- Reliance Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund
G. Gold Mutual Funds Invest Online
- Relaince Gold Savings Fund
- ICICI Prudential Regular Gold Savings Fund
- HDFC Gold Fund
- Birla Sun Life Gold
H. International funds Invest Online
1. Birla Sun Life International Equity Plan A
2. DSP BlackRock US Flexible Equity
3. FT India Feeder Franklin US Opportunities
4. ICICI Prudential US Bluechip Equity
5. Motilal Oswal MOSt Shares NASDAQ-100 ETF