The Recharge feature is available with Religare health insurance. Taken from Policy wordings of Religare Care, the explanation of Recharge of Sum assured is as Under:
Recharge is the Reinstatement of the Sum assured. If the claim is payable in the policy, then the company agrees to automatically make the reinstatement of upto the sum assured for that policy year only provided:
1) Recharge will be utilised only after the sum assured and No claim bonus has been totally exhausted in that policy year.
2) The Recharge shall be available only for all future claims and not in relation to any illness or injury for which a claim has already been admitted for that insured person during that Policy Year
3) The total amount of Recharge shall not exceed the sum assured for that policy year
4) The Recharge amount will not be available in case there is only a single claim in the policy year.
5) The balance of recharge amount shall be available during the policy year till it is exhausted completely.
6) Any Unutilised recharge cannot be carried forward to any subsequent Policy Year.
Now what the above exhibit shows is that Recharge was not available for the first claim, and as per the policy wording also recharge amount cannot be claimed for the first/single claim in policy. But for second claim where the sum assured was not proving sufficient, recharge gets activated and supported the claim payment. There's only one condition, which is that the claim where recharge will be utilised should not be related to any of the previous claim in that policy year. This means that if in all the scenarios above the Claim 2 was related to claim 1 then No Recharge of sum assured benefit would have been available.
We can help. Call 0 94 8300 8300 (India)
Leave your comment with mail ID and we will answer them
You can write back to us at PrajnaCapital [at] Gmail [dot] Com
Invest in Tax Saving Mutual Funds ( ELSS Mutual Funds ) to upto Rs 1 lakh and Save tax under Section 80C.
Invest Tax Saving Mutual Funds Online
These links can be used to Purchase Mutual Funds Online that are regular also (Investment, non-tax saving)
Download Tax Saving Mutual Fund Application Forms from all AMCs
These Application Forms can be used for buying regular mutual funds also
Some of the best Tax Saving Mutual Funds available ( ELSS Mutual Funds )
- ICICI Prudential Tax Plan Invest Online
- HDFC TaxSaver Invest Online
- DSP BlackRock Tax Saver Fund Invest Online
- Reliance Tax Saver (ELSS) Fund Invest Online
- Birla Sun Life Tax Relief '96 Invest Online
- IDFC Tax Advantage (ELSS) Fund Invest Online
- SBI Magnum Tax Gain Scheme 1993 Invest Online
- Sundaram Tax Saver Invest Online
- Edelweiss ELSS Invest Online
Best Performing Mutual Funds
- ICICI Prudential Dynamic Plan
- HDFC Top 200 Fund
- UTI Dividend Yield Fund
- Mid and SmallCap Funds Invest Online
- Reliance Equity Opportunities Fund
- DSP BlackRock Small & Midcap Fund
- Sundaram Select Midcap
- IDFC Premier Equity Fund
- Small and MicroCap Funds Invest Online
- DSP BlackRock MicroCap Fund
- Sector Funds Invest Online
- Relaince Gold Savings Fund
- ICICI Prudential Regular Gold Savings Fund
- HDFC Gold Fund